- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- The incumbent must possess critical-thinking skills and comprehend the established policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations and insurance reimbursement methodology.
- Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including vetted specialists and hospitals. Is a resource for arranging the best method to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working relationship with transport facilities.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge in English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines and be familiar with American Nursing Standards of Care.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.