A comprehensive Media investigation has revealed a huge diversion of public funds by a former Managing Director of Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), Haruna Momoh, running into billions of Naira and several properties which a Federal High Court in Abuja has now ordered seized.
The ex-PPMC Managing Director, his wife, Blaid Construction Limited, Blaid Farms Limited, Stanbic-IBTC Bank Plc, Energopol Nigeria Limited, and Blessing Azuka-Ngozi are being prosecuted by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) for offences including diversion of public funds.
The Presiding Judge of the Federal High Court, Abuja, Justice Taiwo O. Taiwo, had previously granted an order freezing the suspect’s following assets domiciled in various banks:
Although the erstwhile PPMC MD has been on the run since the commencement of the case, proceedings in the case have been concluded and judgment reserved for 11th March, 2022
The investigation also revealed how the former PPMC helmsman diverted billions of naira and millions of dollars through a commercial bank and a Bureau De Change operator to companies owned by his wife, Ochuko Momoh.
The anti-graft commission, our findings revealed, tracked the movement of funds into the accounts owned by the Haruna and Ochuko Momoh.
Mrs. Ochuko Momoh, a director and shareholder of Blaid Construction Limited, it was gathered, had sometime in January 2013 received the sum of N249,319,070 being payment for contract awarded to her company, Blaid Construction Limited by the Pipelines and Product Marketing Company (PPMC) when her spouse, Haruna Momoh, headed the company.
A large-scale investigation by the anti-corruption agency further revealed that between 2013 and 2015, Mrs. Momoh concealed the origin of the various cash sums of $1,000,000, $750,000, $274,800, $29,200, $322,000, $752,500, and $950,000.00 which were handed over to one Mohammed Imam, a banker, who in turn handed over the funds to one Bashir Ahmed, an Operator of 313 Bureau De Change (BDC).
The source also disclosed to OBSERVERSTIMES how the BDC operator was directed to convert the funds to various sums amounting to several millions of naira which were paid into the bank account of Blaid Construction Limited, Blaid Farms Limited and Ambassador International Resort and Suits Limited, all companies owned by the wife of the former PPMC managing director.
LIST OF PROPERTIES LINKED TO MR. HARUNA MOMMOH, FORMER MANAGING DIRECTOR PPMC AND WIFE WHICH HAVE NOW BEEN SEIZED BY COURT ORDER
S/N PLOT DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
- NO. 16 River Niger Street, Maitama dated 5th July, 1983. The grant has also been Evidenced by a recertified Certificate of Occupancy dated 16th August, 2005.
- Plot N0. 618 Mabushi (B06) was allocated to Sharada Street Maitama is Located on Plot N0. 1227 Cadastral Zone AO5 Maitama. The Plot was allocated Alhaji Ismaila Mamman vide Right of Occupancy dated 11-03-2000. The title over the property was assigned to Open Zone Resources Limited
- No. 14 A Lingu Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja is located on Plot No. 626 Cadastral Zone A07 Wuse. The Plot was allocated to Mrs Patience O. Nwosu vide a Certificate of Occupancy to International Limited vide Right of Occupancy dated 15-05-2003. The grant was evidenced by a Certificate of Occupancy dated June, 2005.
- Plot 799 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Utako, Abuja
- No. 21, 22, 23 and 26 Olympia Estate Kaura District, Abuja
- No. 27 Waziri Ibrahim Waziri Crescent, Apo.
- Plot 1824 Cadastral Zone B07 Katampe was allocated to Grap Enterprises. The Plot was Originally Known as Plot No. 162A. The allottee donated a Power of Attorney over the Plot in favour of Engr. Okey Ilonzo and recertified Certificate of Occupancy Covering the Plot, dated 26th December, 2005 has been Issued.
- Plot 1827 Cadastral Zone BO7 Katampe was allocated to AMTN Intergrated Services Limited vide Right of Occupancy dated 11-9-2014. No record of any registered transaction over the Plot.
- Plot 1468 B07 Katampe
- No. 6 Casamance Street, Wuse Zone 3 Abuja. Where the Head office of Blaid Construction Company is located.