Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, said President Muhammad Buhari was not aware of bandits’ threat to capture him.
Governor El-rufai, while speaking on a Radio Programme, on Wednesday night, said he had been warned to be careful.
“I also heard about a video where they threatened to abduct Buhari and myself. I have been warned to be careful, including my families too,” he said.
According to him, the President assured him that he met with the service chiefs 3-4 days before the meeting and that he gave them a clear directive to have a comprehensive military operation to deal with those people.
He added that “we hope, God willing, the soldiers and the police that were given the directives will hasten up to finish the job. We don’t have to wait until they (terrorists) strike before we respond.
“They (soldiers) must go after them wherever they are to deal with them. The truth is we are worried about the security situation, but we hope the federal government will do the right thing.”