Former Head of Service in Lagos State, Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu is dead. Tinubu died in Abuja on Wednesday at the age of 75, after a brief illness.
Sanwo-Olu sympathized with Tinubu’s family, the deceased’s friends and associates, saying: “Alhaji Tinubu’s demise came at a time the nation and Lagos in particular needed his wealth of experience the most.”
As experienced administrator per excellence, we certainly will miss the late Alhaji Tinubu’s counsel on matters of importance in the state civil service.”
The Governor said people of the state would always remember the “laudable achievements” of the former top civil servant, who, he said, served the state meritoriously for 26 years before he rose to become the Head of Service.
Sanwo-Olu said: “We can’t forget the contributions of late Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu towards the professionalisation of Lagos civil service. His quest for excellence and exemplary leadership were a hallmark of his earthly sojourn
“We condole the Tinubu family, especially our National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, wife and children of the deceased and the entire extended families of late elder statesman.
“I pray that Almighty Allah grant the late Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu Al-Janah Firdaus and grant members of the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”(NAN)
Uche Secondus Set To Resign As PDP Crisis Deepens, Chairman, Exco Members Pass Vote of No Confidence On Him
The days of Mr. Uche Secondus as the National Chairman of Nigeria’s main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is now numbered as pressure mounts on him to resign or be removed.
The leadership of the party is currently meeting in an emergency meeting over the lingering crises of confidence in the party.
Several members of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) has reportedly resigned from their offices alleging that the National Chairman, Mr. Uche Secondus has been high-handed in handling the affairs of the party.
In a press conference earlier in the day, the National Youth Leader of the party, Hon Ude Okoye had threatened to resign if the National Chairman does not resign. Hon. Okoye alleged that Mr. Secondus “lacks the intellectual capacity to administer the party.”
Members of the National Working Committee who reportedly turned in their resignation letters include, the Deputy National Financial Secretary, Deputy Legal Adviser, Deputy National Auditor, Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Deputy Women Leader, and Deputy Organising Secretary.
I’m not a fraudster – Mompha reveals why EFCC is trying him
Famous social media celebrity, Ismaila Mustapha, aka Mompha, has denied any link with fraud following his case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
Mompha is standing trail on a 22-count bordering on cyber fraud and money laundering to the tune of N33bn.
Mompha was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission sometime in 2020 but was released on bail.
The debate about his lifestyle has continued since the arrest of Hushpuppi.
However, in a recent post via his Instagram, Mompha clarified that the charges filed against him by the EFCC has nothing to do with fraud.
He stated that he’s not a fraudster and was only charged by EFCC for operating BDC without license.
His post read: “I wish to also state that the charges filed against me by EFCC is in relation to allegations of operating BDC without license and has nothing to do with or involving fraud.
“I am, therefore, not a fraudster or in anyway associated with fraudsters.”
Mompha discloses what EFCC told him after Hushpuppi’s arrest
Just 11. 7 million that was carted away by robbers not N100m-Nasarawa State speaks to media
The Nasarawa State Government has debunked the reports that N100 million meant for payment of casual workers of its ministry of finance was carted away by armed robbers.
A statement by Commissioner For Information , Culture and Tourism , Mr Dogo Shammah, on Friday in Lafia, however, confirmed that N 11. 7 million was carted away by robbers at the state’s Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning.
Shammah said the stolen money was meant to host a team from the Revenue, Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission, which was due to visit the state .
He said part of the money was also meant for furnishing and refurbishing of some offices and vehicles.
Shammah said the N100 million which was erroneously reported to be carted away by robbers was meant for payment of salaries for casual workers in the state.
Narrating how the N11.7 million was stolen by the robbers, Shammah said the gunmen trailed the official who went to the bank to make the withdrawal.
” The gunmen trailed officials of the state Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning after making withdrawal at a second generation bank along Lafia-Jos road.
” They shot sporadically on getting to the ministry’s premises and took the money away,” he said.
Shammah, however, said that the incidence had been reported to security agencies and investigation had commenced.
Entertainment1 week ago
BBNaija 2021: I Sleep With Rich Men Untill They Become Poor – Old Tweet Of Housemate Angel Surface
Crime7 days ago
Just In: Hushpuppi Pleads Guilty, To Be Sentenced To 20 Years Imprisonment In United States
Nation1 week ago
NATFORCE: A Man, His Plan & Mission For Insecurity, Youth Unemployment
Inside Story1 week ago
I Dare You To Come After Me, You Are About To Learn A Lesson If You Touch Me — Bakare Dares Buhari
Featured7 days ago
No allowances, No Official Vehicles, Kogi House of Assembly members deserts, 10 out 25 sits, Speaker cries out.
Featured7 days ago
Government Documents Expose Move By Governor Yahaya Bello To Sell All Assets and Properties of Kogi State [Documents Attached]
Africa6 days ago
Hushpuppi confesses to bribing DCP Abba Kyari, reveals why
Crime1 week ago
BREAKING: Gunmen kidnap Nigerian soldiers, others on major highway