There are strong indications that the new chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ola Olukoyede, will soon commence probe into 25 corruption cases involving former governors and top government officials.
This is even as Olukoyede has vowed to fight corruption which, according to him, has eaten deep into the fabric of the country.
According to the anti-graft agency, N772.2 billion and another $2.2 billion, alleged to have gone missing through money laundering, fund diversion and misappropriation would be recovered in the coming months.
Here is a list of the individuals and the amounts allegedly stolen by them.
- Dr Kayode Fayemi (4 billion)
- Ayo Fayose (6.9 billion)
- Bello Matawalle (70 billion)
- Chimaroke Nnamani (5.3 billion)
- Diezani Alison-Madueke,
- Abdullahi Adamu (15 billion)
- Adanu’s son (92 million)
- Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (10 billion)
- Theodore Orji (27 billion)
- Theodore Orji’s sons; Chinedu and Ogbonna (561 billion)
- Danjuma Goje (5 billion)
- Aliyu Wamakko (15 billion)
- Timipre Sylva (19.2 billion)
- Sullivan Chime
- Diezani Alison-Madueke (23 billion)
- Ali Modu Sheriff
- Sule Lamido
- Lamido’s sons Aminu and Mustapha (1.3 billion)
- Murtala Nyako (29 billion)
- Jonah Jang (6.3 billion)
- Babangida Aliyu (2 billion)
- Gabriel Suswam (3.1 billion)
- Lucky Igbinedion (1.6 billion)
- Stella Oduah (5 billion
- Sambo Dasuki ($2.1 billion)
- Diezani Alison-Madueke ($487.5 million)