Connect with us

Crime

Herders’ receive N15m ransom after kidnapping farmers in Lagos

Published

on

Spread the love

Suspected herders were paid N15 million in ransom after kidnapping two farmers in Shalabo village, located between Isiwu and Imota areas of Lagos state.

The victims were abducted Tuesday last week on their farm.

The owner of the Ikorodu Integrated Farm had just returned to the country from the UK and visited the farm with his brother, where they were both kidnapped.

The kidnappers first demanded a ransom of N10 million but later increased it to N20 million — before a middle ground of N15 million was reached.

“The abductors attacked the farm with sophisticated weapons, leading to commotion and everyone scampering for safety. The victims were eventually kidnapped and after some time, their abductors contacted one of the family members and immediately demanded a ransom of N10 million,” a family sources

 

READ ALSO: Governor Matawalle might be in trouble after as Powerful Northern Group Seeks His Probe Over Incessant Kidnapping.

“We contacted the Imota police station to officially report and through the help of some individuals, we were able to get the Lagos state commissioner of police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, who assured us that his men have been deployed.

“However, the abductors on Wednesday increased the ransom from N10 million to N20 million and threatened to do the unthinkable if the money is made available.

Also Read:  Borno massacre: Army reveals how Boko Haram deceived farmers

“We contacted the police again to update them with the latest demand of the kidnappers, but we were told to cooperate with them in view of the safety of the victims.

“We had no choice than to run around for the money. We sold the farm in question, we sold our cars and our house and eventually raised N10 million but the kidnappers insisted that we must pay N20 million before our brothers can be released.

“So, we went to borrow from friends, colleagues and family members and after much pleas, the kidnappers agreed to collect N15 million which was paid on Friday before the victims regained their freedom.”

The source said the ransom was taken to the kidnappers in a forest along the Imota axis, by a sister of the victims.

“They told my sister the particular bus stop to alight from and thereafter told her to jump on a commercial motorcycle. After about some minutes into the forest, they told her on the phone to come down and start trekking for another 400m where a man suddenly came out to meet her,” the source said.

“The said man confirmed the money and then ordered that the victims should be brought out, and that was how they regained freedom.”

Also Read:  Kogi : Abdulmumini Musa Assassination, A New Dimension Of Porous Security Situation In Yagba East LGA

Credit to the Cable

Continue Reading

Crime

Five vigilantes killed, others injured as gunmen attack Niger communities

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Five vigilante group members have been killed and many others injured during an attack on a local market and some communities in the Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State on Monday.

It was learnt that the affected communities included Bassa, Beri, Beri-Kago, Gatawi, Kini, Bmada and other adjoining villages in Manta District of the council.

Co-convener, Concerned Shiroro Youths, Sani Kokki confirmed the attack.

He said, “This morning again, they stormed a number of communities in Gurmana District of same Shiroro local government area and unleashed havoc on unsuspecting victims.

“Kokki, Shekadna, Karibo, Jabuki, Sarkin Zama, Bakin Kogi (Lagbe), Maganda and other adjoining villages came under renewed attacks.

“The attacks being carried out by heartless terrorists heavily armed with sophisticated weapons on communities in the Shiroro LGA, Niger State, have become sad realities which inhabitants of the local government have been compelled to experience on daily basis.

“Five members of local vigilante group were gunned down while many people sustained gunshot injuries. Others were kidnapped and taken away.”

No official report has been made by the state police public relations officer, DSP Wasiu Abiodun at the time of filing this report.

Also Read:  Mr Macaroni: Buhari should resign if he can’t guarantee safety of Nigerians.
Continue Reading

Crime

BREAKING: Benue Murdered soldiers for burial today

Published

on

By

Spread the love

Remains of 12 Soldiers who were killed by Bonta Militias in Konshisha local government area of Benue State, have arrived the Military cemetery in Wurukum Makurdi, Benue State capital for burial.

The 12 military personnel including one captain and 11 soldiers were ambushed at Bonta last Monday and killed by the militias.

At time of filling this report, the state Governor, Samuel Ortom, top government officials as well as military top bras have arrived the venue waiting for the commencement of the burial rites

Details later …

Also Read:  Southern Kaduna: Sultan warns leaders against inflammatory comments, condoles with the people of southern Kaduna.
Continue Reading

Crime

If They Like, Let Them Kidnap My Son, I Will Never Pay Ransom To Bandits – El-Rufai Vows

Published

on

By

Spread the love
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has made his stance on paying ransom to bandits clear.
He said he will never pay ransom to bandits even if they kidnap his family members.
The governor said this in a radio chat on Friday in Kaduna to corroborate his government’s policy of not negotiating with bandits.
Mr El-Rufai had said bandits are at war with Nigeria and there is no other way to approach the current insurgency but for security forces to take the war to the bandits and recover forests where they are occupying.
In his current remarks on Friday, Mr El-Rufai said he had warned his family members to be careful to avoid being abducted. He said he also told them he would never pay a ransom for their freedom, should any of them get into the hands of bandits.
“I mean it and I will say it again here. Even if my son is kidnapped, I will rather pray for him to make heaven instead, because I won’t pay any ransom.”
Speaking on efforts of his government in securing the release of the students kidnapped at the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Kaduna, in March, the governor said the government would keep exploring other ways to get them back to their families but stressed that the government is “absolutely not paying ransom.”
He said the state government will keep exploring those other means until the students are released.
Mr El-Rufai has been under pressure from the parents of the students, other concerned persons and groups to negotiate with the bandits for the release of the students.
The state governments of Katsina, Niger and Zamfara were believed to have negotiated with the abductors for the release of hundreds of students kidnapped from schools in the states.
The federal government too was also believed to have negotiated with the abductors of students from a girls’ school in Dapchi, Yobe State in an incident in which the terrorist-kidnappers withheld one of the students, Leah Sharibu, allegedly because she refused to renounce her faith, one of their conditions for the release of the students.
Also Read:  Afenifere Backs IPOB's Eastern Security Network, Says Regional Policing Will End Insecurity
Continue Reading

Trending