KOGI EAST CRITICAL STAKEHOLDERS FORUM
(Made up of Former Elected Deputy Governors, Senators, House of Representatives Members, Principal Officers of States Assembly, Ministers, Ambassadors, etc. in consultation with Former Governors)
Rising from its Crucial Meting held no Saturday Ml
01 June, 2023, arived at the following resolutions.
1. The efforts and quest for a viable acceptable and electable candidate from Kogi East by various groups and organizations is highly commendable.
2. The group wish to state ni very clear terms that His Royal Majesty, Ata Igala has not in any way mandated any group of persons with the responsibility of choosing a consensus Governorship candidate for the Igala/Bassa people.
His Royal Majesty has instructed forthwith that as a father of all, people should desist from making claims of his setting up such as body. He remains our revered monarch and should not be dragged into election matters.
It is on this note that we oblige Chief Gabriel Aduku and others to stop parading themselves as a Committee set up by HRM Ata Igala. We call on his family and well-wishers to admonish him to refrain from further
act in this respect.
The issue at stake is political and therefore requires a political solution.
The Hierarchy of men gathered here today represent the political structure of the Igala/Bassa Nation. Outside the political structure, the other organization that is housing the Igala Nation, Igala Cultural Development Association (ICDA) is represented in this group by its Chairman Surg. Cmdr. Ahmed Abdullahi and Members. We therefore
affirm our position as the umbrella political forum from Kogi East.
3. The Forum salutes the courage and display of sportsmanship of Igala/Bassa Governorship aspirants who have emerged as candidates of their various political parties to contest the forthcoming Governorship
election in Kogi State.
4. Kogi East Critical Stakeholders wish to state that after a thorough analysis and assessment of the candidates from Kogi East, it has endorsed the candidacy of Vice Admiral Jibrin Usman Rdt of the Acord Party as its Consensus Candidate from Kogi East to contest the November 11th Governorship election. This decision is taken bearing in mind his wealth of experience and capacity to occupy the highly exalted
office of an Executive Governor.
5. The Forum appeals to other contestants from Kogi East to join hands with Vice Admiral Jibrin Usman R d to ensure he wins the election
in order to take the State to an enviable height in delivering democracy dividends. We shall continue the fence mending process.
6. The Forum will in due course make a public presentation of Vice Admiral Jibrin Usman R t to the good people of Kogi State.
7. The Forum shall set up a high powered Committee to put together a formidable structure to carry out the campaign for the general election in accordance with the enabling laws when campaign kicks off officially.
In conclusion, ti is my utmost pleasure and privilege to present to you as the Chairman, the adopted candidate of the highest political structure in Kogi East, Kogi East Critical Stakeholders Forum, Vice Admiral Jibrin Usman Rtd. Thank you.
H.E., Rt. Hon. Simon Achuba Chairman