Connect with us

Inside Story

Nasarawa Attack: Remains Of Murdered Residents Laid To Rest

Published

on

Spread the love

 

 

The remains of sixteen out of the 17 persons killed in the recent attack in Kochu village of Akwanga Local government area of Nasarawa have been laid to rest in a mass burial in the community Wednesday.

These victims of the attack were committed to mother earth after the performance of Christian rites.

One of the deceased, who is Muslim, had already been buried according to Islamic rites on Monday, a day after the killings.

The funeral rites on Wednesday was conducted by the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN of Akwanga local government area of the state.

Top government functionaries led by the state deputy governor Mr. Silas Agara, were part of those present for the funeral rites.

 

The Deputy Governor who stood in for Governor Umaru Tanko Almakura at the ceremony decried with dismay the unwanted and unprovoked killings of the innocent citizens by unknown gunmen in parts of the state.

He assured the people that a security base will soon be established in the affected communities of Akwanga local government area to enable security personnel drafted to the area secure lives and property of the people and to ensure that the perpetrators are fished out.

Also Read:  Buhari congratulates First Bank MD on Forbes award

The Deputy Governor used the medium to condole with the Mada traditional council and Akwanga local government area for the monumental loss. He called on the people to be law abiding and to accept the scenario as the will of God.

In separate remarks, the chairman of Akwanga local government council Mr. Samuel Meshi and the Chun Mada Mr. Samson Gamu Yare both expressed sadness about the incidence and called on the federal government to take proactive measures towards ending the killings in the country.

The deceased were buried in a mass grave after their bodies were moved from the Akwanga General Hospital mortuary to the village for final internment. It was a moment of despair for family members, relatives, friends and other sympathizers who couldn’t hold back their tears.

Continue Reading

Inside Story

TRAGEDY IN CHURCH, Popular Nigerian Socialite, Dies After Being Doused With Perfume Spray, At A Lagos Celestial Church

Published

on

By

Spread the love

It’s a shocking tragedy in a Celestial Church in Lagos as a popular socialite has reportedly died at a hospital in Gbagada, Lagos, after his body was on fire during a programme and prayer session in the Church.

The socialite who was reported to be named Kayode Badru

allegedly met an untimely death while praying in the middle of burning candles in the church.

Reports say he died on Wednesday, May 5, 2021. Before his death, Badru had landed in Lagos from Dubai to attend the graduation ceremony of 40 students he gave scholarships to study at Academy For Innovative Art and Technology, (ACIATECH).

He was said to have visited his church on Wednesday for Isegun – (Victory) programme, after attending the graduation ceremony.

Badru was asked to kneel down at the middle of the church and was surrounded with white candles. He also held one candle in his hands.

While kneeling down, a prophet began to spray perfume on his body and within a few minutes, his body was on fire due to his closeness to the candles and strong attraction from the perfume.

He was said to have been rushed to a hospital in Gbagada, where he eventually died.

Also Read:  In Kogi, the Audus battle for APC guber ticket
Continue Reading

Inside Story

It is well, Pastor Adeboye breaks silence on son’s death

Published

on

By

Spread the love

 

General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor Enoch Adeboye on Friday night broke his silence after the demise of his son, Dare Adeboye.

The Nation reports Dare, 42, died in his sleep on Tuesday, May 4 in Eket, Akwa-Ibom where he was pastoring a church.

Many prominent personalities have continued to pay glowing tributes to the deceased.

Adeboye, who preached at the May 2021 edition of the church’s Holy Ghost service, urged everyone to always thank God and say ‘It is well’ even in the face of crises rather than ‘blame and question God’.

The programme which was monitored by The Nation observed that Adeboye spoke from the studio of the church’s station – DOVE Media – alongside few officials including his wife, Folu Adeboye, while members of his church gathered at the auditorium along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

He said: “Whatever we have is given to us by God, be it wealth, wife, husband, children e.t.c and if it got taken away by God, all we can do is give God glory for actually giving us the privilege to enjoy those wealth or kids temporarily and it is not for us to complain, blame and question God.”

Also Read:  In Kogi, the Audus battle for APC guber ticket

With biblical reference to Ezekiel 24:16, he said, “God took away Ezekiel’s wife and asked him not to mourn over her”.

“What we see as sorrows might be joy in the sight of God, I mean His ways and thoughts are not the same with ours, we shouldn’t forget that both good and bad happen at God’s command. (Lamentations 3:38).

“Finally in all things let’s learn to say thank you father and It is well. God bless all of you in Jesus’ name,” Adeboye said.

The RCCG overseer further stated that peace is one of the blessings only God can give saying “There is a peace that passes human understanding. It is only God that can give that peace. I thank God that I have that peace.”

Adeboye also allayed fears on over possibility of a third wave of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nigeria, saying it was due to the prayers of Christians that COVID-19 did not take a detrimental dimension.

“Don’t listen to any person who says it is by their own wisdom that coronavirus is now subdued in Nigeria. It is because you prayed. You asked God for mercy, and God heard and in the mighty name of Jesus, there will be no third wave.

Also Read:  I regret being used by Pastor Okafor, others to stage fake miracles –Woman arrested for controversial healing

“But, I want to encourage you that you need to pray again. We have problems of many kinds in Nigeria so very soon; you might be summoned to pray again.

“We need to pray against all the problems we are facing, and God will answer when we pray,” Adeboye said.

 

Continue Reading

Inside Story

2023: There are satanic plans against us – APC

Published

on

By

Spread the love

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused some persons of “satanic plans” against the ruling party ahead of 2023.

The APC raised the alarm after a report on alleged bickering involving Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, and National Caretaker Chairman and Yobe Governor, Mai Buni.

The chieftains were accused of disagreement over who will occupy the seat of the President after the next general elections.

In a statement on Friday, Buni’s spokesman, Mamman Mohammed insists there is no conflict, adding that claim was false.

Mohammed said “the satanic plans being orchestrated by mischievous elements” were meant to distract the APC leadership and discredit the President Muhammadu Buhari led government.

“They (Lawan and Buni) have remained good brothers in a very good relationship with a common goal of contributing to the development of their state, party and country.”

Mohammed said his principal was preoccupied with the task of governance of his state and rebuilding the party.

He noted that any member canvassing for the top political office, two years into the tenure of a sitting President, was engaging in insubordination.

Mohammed added that Buhari has two more years to complete his tenure and must be supported to succeed.

“It is compulsory for the party and every loyal member to support him and the APC administration. We cannot contemplate anything outside the set plans of the party”, the statement read.

Also Read:  I regret being used by Pastor Okafor, others to stage fake miracles –Woman arrested for controversial healing
Continue Reading

Trending