Ajabiti who was an agali musician became popular after his track “adu k’ile ji” hit the Igala music scene, leading to cold rivalry between him and the late Paul Odi Malima.
Ajabiti’s songs are usually solemn and full of reminder of death. Here are some quotes from his songs:
* The rich and the poor will be covered with sand.
* You may have several children, but none will be buried with you.
* You may have a dozen of cars, but you will not take one to the grave.
* You may have several houses, but you will take none to the grave.
* The only thing that follows man to his grave is the food he eat.
* No man lives forever.
* The journey of the dead is said to be long, as if there is a road that leads to the land of the dead.
* A chicken can never die of a leg disease, I can only get disfigured.
Ajabiti as a native of Ugwolawo, retired from music early enough. He started living a quiet and private life until he ascended the stool of his forefathers about a decade ago.
May God rest the soul of this great singer.